Many people can say that getting the inexpensive kitchen countertops are almost impossible. Rather than buying the cheap kitchen countertops in the market which usually sells expensive items, the materials can be bought and the countertops can be made yourself to cut the budget because it will not cost as expensive as when you buy them. Here are some tips and steps that can be followed by you.
- First thing first, the critical step should be done first, that is the measurement of the countertops that should be done accurately before the existing countertops are removed so that the measurement process can be easier to be done. For starting to have the inexpensive kitchen countertops, the inches can be measured and your measurements can be recorded on graph or lined paper.
- In the second step, the depth of the lower cabinets can be determined with the accurate measurement that can be done from the back wall to the front of the cabinet. You can measure the lower cabinets as the usual measurements and you can set them between 24 to 26 inches from the wall. If the depth is within those measurements, this space will be covered by the standard pre-made tops completely.
- The next step, the length of the countertops can be measured and the tape can be held so that along the back of the cabinets against the wall can be measured, and the same kind of measurement on both lengths can be done if the counter comes in L shape. What size of pre-made top that should be purchased can be known by having the longest measurement of each section.
- The top longer than your longest measurement can be purchased and a 96-inch piece can be purchased if your longest measurement is 90 inches and the attached backsplash is owned by some of the pre-made tops meaning that you are allowed to save your rest of money. The width of the tops that have been purchased by you can be checked so that whether they are wide enough so the lower cabinets can be covered totally can be ensured.
- 45-degree corner tops should be owned by the pre-made laminate tops for a tight fit in the corner of the countertop and you can cut the pre-made laminate tops on the square end only, but if you are not skilled enough, avoid this kind of task.
- A pre-made butcher block wooden top is included in the inexpensive kitchen countertops that can usually be found in the local home improvement stores and lumber companies. Some additional waste when the corner pieces are cut can be planned because any corner pieces will not be offered by them and what they usually sell is the unfinished tops. Mineral oil or a marine varnish can be used so that you can seal and oil them in order to make them usable.
- One of the inexpensive kitchen countertops is the ceramic tiles and square foot which usually sells this kind of tile. All of the tops of the cabinets should also be measured and the measurements of the backsplash can be done separately so how many bull nose pieces are needed can be figured. Moreover, the cost of the tile countertop can be made skyrocket because the plain and flat tile is really cheaper and your wish for having inexpensive kitchen countertops can be met.