Fire in our house is mostly started from our kitchen. And all the causes of the kitchen fire are start when we cook. Many things we can do to protect our house from kitchen fire. We may also purchase a multipurpose extinguisher to put out the fire from our kitchen. However, rely on a tool is not a best way. We still need to be careful and know some emergencies step to put out the fire from our kitchen to save our house. These are some instruction you may follow to extinguish the fire from your kitchen safety.
How to Extinguish Kitchen Fire from Our Kitchen
- Drop the burning clothes. If your clothes are burning when kitchen firecomes up in your kitchen, immediately drop it. Put it away on the ground quickly and roll back. Forth quickly whenever you see the fire burns your clothes.
- Emergency call. Some kitchen firespread rapidly. It may become large only in seconds. If this is happen in your kitchen, do evacuate the residence immediately. After all the residences have been evacuated, call the emergency for asking help. You may not extinguish the fire by yourself.
- Water for wood, paper, and cloth. As mentioned before, we need an extinguisher for protection. A fire extinguisher is coming with some rates. If the fire in your kitchen is burn the wood, paper, and cloth, you have to use water or Class A extinguisher to put out the fire. You also have to place the small object in the sink.
- Cut of the oxygen supply. If the large fire burns your pan, immediately slide and lid you pan. Cover it correctly to put out the fire and cut the oxygen supply in your kitchen. Then, turn off the heat.
- Baking soda. Sometimes, when we cook, there is a small fire burn our pan also. To solve this problem, you may throw out the baking soda into the fire to extinguish the fire quickly. You may also use the extinguisher Class B.
- Baking Soda and Class C extinguisher. If the fire starts to burn you electricity, use the extinguisher Class C. Also, put baking soda over your electricity. Remember, never use water to put out fire in your electricity or you will break it.
- Turn off microwave. If the fires begin from your microwave, close the oven door quickly. Then, turn off the heat of your oven. The flames will smoother and it will put out soon.
- Tidy up. Overall, to prevent your kitchen from fire, you need to clean your kitchen continuously. Do not put many appliances in your kitchen, especially near the oven or electricity. Kitchen fire may come whenever we never expected. The best way is, try to put out the small fire by following the instruction above. Yet, if the fire is spreading quickly, do not remain your kitchen. Call the emergency and evacuate all the residences from your house.