Tips for Installing Big Ceramic Tile Flooring
If you have a plan to install big ceramic tile flooring, but if you are still need more tips to get the best result, so you are in the right place, you can just stay on this article, we will provide you a few tips to help you get the best result, so you have to consider trying to follow instruction steps below that will help you to complete and even realize your plan and also guide you to get the best result as well as your wishes. So, let’s check these out!
- For the very first, one thing that should be noticed is the flat of floor that should be ensured. Ceramic tile that is laid down will always be a little trouble, but it is especially imperative for big ceramic tiles. You will need to fill in the cement based floor leveler to any bumps or humps. Ideally, the floor will be both level and flat, but the most important part is flat. Using a magnesium straight edge is the best way to find any hidden holes or bumps.
- And the second, the surface should be cleaned. Getting the dust, dirt, and grease spots off the surface to which you will be adding the ceramic tile will be wanted by you.
- And then, the surface you wish to tile should be measured out. This can be especially imperative when the large ceramic tiles are used, because they will be fairly big and more difficult to cut. Enough tiles should be bought, because the surface should be covered by it.
- After that, your tiles should be laid down. Getting an idea of where all of your tiles will be going before they would be permanently set with the adhesive will be wanted by you, so your plan can be helped by this way. And knowing where you will need to have cut tiles will also be allowed to you.
- And then, your tiles should be cut. This will be nice difficult, actually, because a big enough board is not had by many cutters, so the big ceramic tiles can’t be accommodated. It means that probably you should freehand your cuts.
- And the next way you have to do is your adhesive that should be mixed up. Most of the time, when the large ceramic tiles would be installed, the thinset adhesive can be used by you, which is mixing will be easy and drying will be quickly.
- The tile should be laid down. One trick is the adhesive that is applied to the back of the large ceramic tiles and then they should be laid down. They should be gently twisted into place and then they should be tapped down by using a rubber mallet.
- And the last point you have to keep in your mind is the joints that should be grouted. After some time has been given to adhesive to dry, applying grout to the inter tile joints is the last thing that will be needed to do. a putty knife should be used if the grout want to be applied, and using a grout that will stain your tiles should be avoided, it should be tried.