Tips for Tiling a Small Bathroom Floor
If you have a plan to tile a small bathroom floor, however you are still need more tips to get the best result, so you are in the right place, you can just stay on this article, we will provide you a few tips to help you get the best result, so you have to consider trying to follow instruction steps below that will help you to complete and even realize your plan and also guide you to get the best result as well as your wishes. So, let’s check these out!
- For the very first, something you have to do is the water that should be turned off to the toilet, and then the water line has to be disconnected, you can disconnect it by using your adjustable wrench. And then, the bolts that hold the toilet to the floor have to be loosened and removed. After that, the toilet has to be removed.
- And the second way you can do to complete this project correctly is the floor that should be divided into four square areas, and two lines that intersect through the middle of the floor should be made, the level and pencil can be used to solve this step. The second line should be adjusted, you can use your carpenter’s square to handle this step. Why you have to use your carpenter’s square? Yap, because make it is at a right angle with the first line should be ensured.
- And then, the next way you can do to complete this project is the thinset mortar that should be spread over the center of the floor, a notched trowel can be used to solve this step. And then, enough area should be covered, so more than four of your tiles can be encompassed.
- After that, they way you can do to complete this work is four tiles that should be laid at the intersection of the lines, in the mortar. And then the tile spacers should be put between them as you lay them. And then, more mortar should be spread and more tiles should be laid, and then your way should be worked out across the floor toward the walls. after that, around the bathtub and the toilet drain should be cut, your tile saw can be used to handle this way.
- And the last way you have to keep in your mind to complete this work is the tiles that should be allowed to sit overnight. And then, the tile spacers should be pulled out. After that, the grout should be spread over the floor with a grout float, and then the grout should be forced into the spaces between the tiles while it should be scrapped off the surface. And then, the excess grout should be wiped off, you can wipe it off by using the damp sponge. And then, the grout should be allowed to set for about 48 hours, and then the toilet should be re-installed.
Note: when the tile is cut, the goggles should be worn, to avoid something worst.