Tips for Laying Bathroom Floor Tile
If you are trying to lay bathroom floor tile, but if you are still need more tips to get the best result, so you are in the right place, you can just stay on this article, we will provide you a few tips to help you get the best result, so you have to consider trying to follow instruction steps below that will help you to complete and even realize your plan and also guide you to get the best result as well as your wishes. So, let’s check these out!
- For the very first, the old tiles should be carefully removed from the bathroom; you can use a chisel to handle for this way. Maybe this is the most complex part of the job!
- And the second way you have to do to complete this job is smoothening and cleaning the surface after the old tiles have been removed from the bathroom floor, this work should be ensured. And then, make it no grease on the floor should be ensured, so a grease cleaner should be used. Otherwise the tile won’t stick to it.
- After that, the bathroom floor tile should be measured and cut. A wet saw might be rented (for big tiles) and/or the cutter (smaller tiles), they can be rented from a local home improvement store. Double and triple check your floor measurements before the adhesive want to be cut or applied should be ensured. it is crucial that your measurements are right.
- And then, the tiles should be laid on the bathroom floor as a dry run (no adhesive), then they should be pulled up when you are finished.
- After that, the notched towel should be used, and then the tile adhesive should be applied to the bathroom floor. Applying the adhesive evenly should be ensured. it should be worked in a 2-3 floor section and the adhesive should be allowed to sit for a few minutes before the tile should be set in it.
- And the next way is the bathroom floor tile that should be firmly placed into the adhesive (you can start in the mid of the floor) and the spacers should be included for each.
- After that, the floor tile set should be allowed in the adhesive overnight.
- And then, the floor tile spacers should be removed and the grout should be mixed, it can be better if you follow the directions from the manufacturers.
- The rubber float should be used, and then the grout should be applied in-between the floor tiles at a 45 degree angle. And then the excess grout should be wiped off with a wet sponge.
- And then, after at least an hour, the floor tiles for grout haze should be checked and they should be wiped as necessary.
- And then, the edges near the bathtub, sink, toilet and cabinets should be sealed by using the mildew resistant caulk.
- The bathroom floor tile should be allowed to cure for a week and then it should be mopped to be clean.