Tips for Installing the Plumbing for IKEA Bathroom Vanities
If you have a plan to install the plumbing for IKEA bathroom vanities, however you are still need more tips to get the best result, so you are in the right place, you can just stay on this article, we will provide you a few tips to help you get the best result, so you have to consider trying to follow instruction steps below that will help you to complete and even realize your plan and also guide you to get the best result as well as your wishes. So, let’s check these out!
- The very first way you have to do is the drain stem that has to be taken, and then it should be located on the bottom of the sink. If you are feel a little confused what is the stem, the plastic tube that is1.25 inches in diameter is the stem.
- And the second way you have to do to complete this work is you have to fit it over the drain stem, and the top of a P-trap fitting connect the two pieces by the nut clockwise that should be turned over the stem. As the additional pressure that the plastic may be broken by it, tightening by hand will be needed by you; any tolls should not be used for tightening it.
- And then, the next way you have to do is you have to move the straight tail piece to the roughed-in drain connection below the vanity.
- After that, the way you have to do is you have to place the nut on the P-trap’s tail piece onto the end of the drain pipe, and then clockwise the nut should be turned until it tight. By using this, the P-trap will have connected to the drain.
The supply lines that should be connected:
- First, the clockwise 90 degrees the ball valve clock need to be turned on the main water line, so the flow of water can be shut off to the house.
- And the second, you have to place the one end of a standard braided water supply line over the cold water valve under the vanity. Commonly, the cold water valve is on the right side. A wrench should be taken and the nut should be turned on the supply line until tight.
- And then, you have to place another end of a standard braided water supply line over the hot water valve under the vanity. Commonly the hot water valve is on the left side. A wrench should be taken and the nut should be turned on the supply line until tight.
- And the last point you have to keep in your mind is you have to pull up
the other ends of supply lines to the back of the sink. You have to place the lines that are connected to the cold water on the pipe threads under the right faucet handle, and you have to place the supply line that is connected to the hot water on the left side.