Tips for Installing Slate Flooring in a Bathroom
If you have a plan to install slate flooring in your bathroom, but if you are still need more tips to get the best result, so you are in the right place, you can just stay on this article, we will provide you a few tips to help you get the best result, so you have to consider trying to follow instruction steps below that will help you to complete and even realize your plan and also guide you to get the best result as well as your wishes. So, let’s check these out!
- For the very first, the water line behind the toilet, at the toilet should be turned off. And then, the line should be disconnected from the toilet, your wrench can be used to solve this way, and two floor bolts holding the toilet base to the floor. The toilet should be lifted and is should be walk of it out of the room.
- And the second, the two intersecting lines should be laid over the floor by using a snap line, the surface should be divided into four squares. And then, a carpenter’s square should be set at the intersection as the lines that are snapped by you,
- And then, the way you have to do to complete this project is the thin set that should be spread over middle of the floor by using a notched tiling trowel, and then a few square feet should be covered in one of the corners of the intersection of the lines
- After that, a slate tile should be laid in a corner of the intersection; it should be firmly pressed into the thin set. And then, the additional tiles should be pressed around it, and then the spacers should be set between them as you do.
- And then, spreading mortar and laying slate stiles, building out to the edges of the floor along the lines.
- And then, the tiles at the edges of the room should be cut, you can use a wet saw to solve this point; they should be laid with the cut sides facing the walls. And also the tiles around the toilet drain in the floor should be cut; the curved cuts that sit at least ¼ inch out from the drain border should be made. And then, the tiles should be set for about ten hours and remember that the spacers should be removed.
- And then, the grout should be applied to the tiles, the grout should be spread over them, a grout float can be used for this, and then it should be forced into the spaces between the tiles. After that, the excess grout should be wiped up; a damp sponge can be used to wipe it. And remember that it should be allowed to set for about twenty four hours.
- And the last, the toilet should be reinstalled. Caulk around the base, where the tiles will be met.