Tips for Installing a Shower Floor in a Small Bathroom
If you have a small bathroom in your house and you have a plan to install a shower floor in your small bathroom, but if you are still need more tips to get the best result, so you are in the right place, you can just stay on this article, we will provide you a few tips to help you get the best result, so you have to consider trying to follow instruction steps below that will help you to complete and even realize your plan and also guide you to get the best result as well as your wishes. So, let’s check these out!
- For the very first, make a 5 inch opening for a shower floor drain body should be ensured. And then, the hole in the floor should be cut, a 4 ½ inch diameter hole saw should be used for this. The flush will be led by the top of the drain pipe with the top of the sub floor.
- And the second way you have to do to complete this project is a layer of 30 lb. should be applied felt over the sub floor. And then, the mortar mix, drywall mud, gypsum cement and mortar mix or drywall should be applied on top of the felt. After you set the shower floor in place, the felt and cement will be caused by the weight, so any cracks or lines in the sub floor will be smoothened out.
- And then, the way you have to do to complete this work is your pre fabricated fiberglass shower floor that should be set in place. You have to be careful not to drop it. a sure should be made that it isn’t damaged before installing.
- After that, the way you have to do to complete this project is some liquid dish soap that should be put around the outside and inside of the drain seal before it should be installed. And then, the drain seal should be hammered into place. A tapping tool can be used for this, such as a ¼ inch dowel.
- And the last pint you have to keep in your mind is two holes that should be pre drilled into the upper lip through the studs on all 3 sides of the shower floor. And then, 1 ½ inch galvanized panhead screws should be placed through the pre drilled holes. And then, remember that you have to snap on the metal strainer.
Tips: if pre-drill through the fiberglass on the lip for fear of cracking the shower pan is not needed by you, so the screw right above the lip can be put into the wall. The edge of the pan will be caught by the large head on the screw and is will be held in place.
Warnings: your level should be placed inside the fiberglass shower floor, so the level can be checked and ensured. remember not to position the level on the really floor.