Tips for Decorating Your Own Mosaic Bathroom Countertop
If you have a plan to decorate your bathroom become a mosaic bathroom countertop, but if you are still need more tips to get the best result, so you are in the right place, you can just stay on this article, we will provide you a few tips to help you get the best result, so you have to consider trying to follow instruction steps below that will help you to complete and even realize your plan and also guide you to get the best result as well as your wishes. So, let’s check these out!
- For the very first, picking out your tile will be needed by you. The tiles that each other will be complemented by it should be chosen. The neutral color with a variety of shades from light to dark should be considered to use, because it is the safest bet. And then, one or two dramatic colors should be picked, so your neutral colors can be added in by it. a few 12×12 tiles can be chosen and several different small tile can also be selected. Edging tile for the back splash and edges around the countertop will also be needed by you if it is installed very well.
- And the second way you have complete this project is getting started after your tiles have been chosen. And then, your ceramic tiles should be placed in a plastic bag. After that, the bag should be hit; a mallet or hammer can be used for this, so the tile can be broken up into the small pieces. A lot of effort is not needed by you, because the tile will crash easily. Remember, you have to be careful that the pieces will not be created small.
- And then, a flat, clean, dry surface will be needed by you. A thin piece of plywood can be attached to the top of the cabinet if necessary. The ceramic adhesive will be applied by working in small sections at a time. And then, your pieces should be placed at least ½ inch apart from each other. If matching patterns like squares is want to be added by you, so you can do that too. And then, using a ceramic cutter will be needed by you, so the specific shapes can be cut. After that, the adhesive should be allowed to dry before step 4 will be continued.
- And then, is the adhesive has been dried, so the grout can be applied. You have to work with small sections at a time again. And then, the grout between the tiles should be spread. Using the Sanded Grout for this project is important. After the grout between all the tiles have been applied, a clean damp sponge should be taken and any access grout should be cleaned off. After that, it should be allowed to dry.
- And the last way you have to keep in your mind is the same steps that should be used if ceramic back splash is added and edged to your countertop.