You might find several works that you can do yourself for different part in your home, but there is also a job that will need a thorough instruction. Laying tiles in a bathroom will be one of those DIY works that need a thorough instruction. How to Lay Tile in a Bathroom will be a thorough step that you can follow easily.
Remember to follow the step by step of How to Lay Tile in a Bathroom carefully since there will be quite a lot of step you need to follow and need to be done. It will not be that difficult to do every step on the following section. The only thing you need to do to make sure that everything will work is that by doing every step thoroughly. You will find that even if you are not a professional, you can make it correctly.
Step by Step of How to Lay Tile in a Bathroom
We will move to the project and you will see what we will need during the process of laying tiles in your bathroom. You need to remember that this is a part of DIY work that will need to have a great focus as it brings the hardest difficulty you will ever find on a DIY work. How to Lay Tile in a Bathroom will be easier after you read following step.
- The first thing to do is to measure the space in your bathroom. You will find that you need to measure the length and the width of the floor so that you can determine how much tile, cement, and grout you will need. You might also need to draw it on a paper to make sure how much tile you need for a bathroom and decide which material you can use for your bathroom.
- Sub-Floor PreparationYou need to make sure that the surface onto which you will put the tile is very strong as there are several tiles that come in quite heavy material. It will be great if you find a cement baker on top.
- Pick Your DesignIt will be when you pick a point where you can start to tile the tiles. It will help you minimize the number of tiles you need to custom cut.
- Prepare the MaterialTo put the tile on the floor, you need to use the mortar. It will help you to put the tile on floor. You will find a trowel will be quite helpful.
- Start Laying the TileIt is started by set the full tiles first at the starting point and continue to add the other tile as your way to corners of the room
- Cutting the TilesOnce you reach the edges, you will find that you need to make a custom tile. It will help you the right size of the tile.
- Tiles GroutingIt will be the last thing you need to do to finish the job. You need to grout the tile and them wipe the excess grout out for the best result.